Validation of non-formal learning outcomes in the context of the Latvian qualifications framework
On October 26, 2017, Academic Information Centre organized a seminar "Validation of non-formal learning outcomes in the context of the Latvian qualifications framework".
The aim of the seminar was to introduce higher education and VET institutions with experience and achievements in the evaluation and recognition of non-formal learning outcomes, in line with the guideline of the European Council 2012 Recommendation on validation of non-formal and informal learning (2012 / C 398/01).
During the seminar the following topics were discussed:
- Progress in the validation of learning outcomes acquired outside the formal education in Latvia;
- Trends in the assessment of professional competences acquired outside the formal education system;
- Experience in assesment and recognition of study outcomes achieved beyond formal education or professional experience;
- Involving the unemployed persons in non-formal education programs;
- The development of non-formal learning through the introduction of an adult education management model;
- Employer support for evaluating the results of non-formal education of employees.
The seminar was intended for representatives of Latvian higher education, vocational and secondary education, as well as vocational education and training institutions. The participation in the seminar was only with invitations.
The seminar took place at hotel “Monika Centrum Hotels” (Elizabetes street 21, Riga).
The seminar was organised in terms of the European Commission project No. VS/2017/0217.
Seminar materials are available here (in Latvian).