The use of Europass and EQF in higher education quality assessment
On May 31, 2017, Academic Information Centre organized a seminar to introduce Europass and the European Qualifications Framework to the higher education institutions, including the importance of these tools in the assessing the quality of education. The seminar took place in the hotel “Tallink Hotel Riga”, Riga, Latvia.
During the seminar the following topics were discussed:
- Europass documents and services;
- European and Latvian Qualifications Frameworks- benefits and advantages;
- The revision of the EQF Recommendation and the Europass Decision at the EU level;
- The importance of Europass and EQF in the context of education quality assurance.
Two higher education institutions presented their experience with regards to the use of Europass CV:
- The use of Europass online CV in the university’s accreditation pilot-project (case of the Riga Stradiņš University);
- The Experience of the implementation and the use of Europass CV in human resource management at the Jāzeps Vītols Latvian Academy of Music.
Materials from the seminar are available here (in Latvian).
The seminar was organised in terms of the European Commission project EUROPASS (project application no.VP/2017/010/0040)