Vocational education documents will indicate the level of LQF
From 1st January 2017, documents certifying vocational education and vocational qualifications will include reference to the corresponding LQF level
On April 5, 2016 The Cabinet of Ministers approved the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No.194 “Amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No.451 of June 21, 2005 “Procedures by which state-recognised documents certifying vocational education and vocational qualification and documents certifying acquisition of a part of an accredited vocational education programme are issued””.
Having regard of the regulations stated in the Section 5, Section 6 of the Vocational Education Law and the Section 25 of the Transitional Provisions, the amendments foresee the reference to the corresponding level of the Latvian Qualifications Framework (LQF) in the documents certifying vocational education and vocational qualification.
The reference to the LQF will be made in parallel to the reference to the relevant Latvian professional qualification level. There is five level system of professional qualifications in Latvia that covers only vocational education and professional higher education.
A certificate of vocational basic education (Apliecība par profesionālo pamatizglītību) will include reference that the awarded qualification corresponds to the Latvian professional qualification level 1 and the LQF level 2.
A certificate of vocational education (Atestāts par arodizglītību) will impart reference that the awarded qualification corresponds to the Latvian professional qualification level 2 and the LQF level 3.
A diploma of vocational secondary education (Diploms par profesionālo vidējo izglītību) will provide reference that the awarded qualification corresponds to the Latvian professional qualification level 2 and the LQF level 4.
A vocational qualification certificate (Profesionālās kvalifikācijas apliecība) will include reference that the awarded qualification corresponds to the Latvian professional qualification level 1 or 2, or 3 and LQF level 2 or 3, or 4.
These Amendments will enter into force on January 1, 2017.
The full text of Amendments to the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations is available here (in Latvian).
Source: Cabinet of Ministers
- Study Report - The Role of the Latvian Qualifications Framework in Education and Labour Market
- Latvian NCP has prepared informative video presentations
- Video about LQF and EQF
- Visibility and use of Latvian Qualifications Database
- Development of the Latvian Qualifications Database in Context of the LQF
- Europass and LQF: Further Steps
- Impact of National Qualifications Frameworks on Education Development
- Training Seminar "Learning Outcomes in Higher Education Institutions"
- National Qualification Framework of Azerbaijan has been approved by the Prime Minister on 18 July 2018
- Comparison of Qualifications for Trusted Recognition
- Development of the Latvian Qualifications Framework
- Digital Data for Enhancing Mobility in Higher Education
- Validation of non-formal learning outcomes in the context of the Latvian qualifications framework
- The Classification of the Latvian Education includes Latvian qualifications framework levels
- The use of Europass and EQF in higher education quality assessment
- Education, Training and Employment Survey
- Study on development of LQF
- Launching of Latvian Qualifications database
- Vocational education documents will indicate the level of LQF
- The Education Law sets legal framework for the Latvian Qualifications Framework
- The latest amendments to the Vocational Education Law on the LQF levels
- Study report: International Qualifications in Latvia
- Conference: Opening up the NQF for International Qualifications
- The new state standard of the second level professional higher education indicate the relevant EQF levels
- Learning outcomes corresponding to EQF levels in the new state standard of the academic education
- EQF level in the Diploma Supplement
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the EQF Recommendation
- New portal - ESCO
- New portal - Open Education Europa
- International conference