The Classification of the Latvian Education includes Latvian qualifications framework levels
On June 13, 2017, the Cabinet of Ministers adopted new regulation on the Classification of the Latvian Education. The regulation was developed for comparing the Classification of the Latvian Education with the International Standard Classification of Education (ISCED-F 2013), as well as regulation defines the levels of the Latvian Qualifications Framework (LQF) in accordance with the descriptions of knowledge, skills and competences.
Update of the Classification of the Latvian Education was necessary in order to ensure that the national statistical data complies with international comparability requirements.
The LQF is an eight-level system that covers formal educational levels (basic education, secondary education, higher education) and all types of education (general education, vocational education and higher education). The LQF is referenced to the European Qualifications Framework (EQF).
The regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers entered into the force on 13 June, 2017.
The regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers is available here (in Latvian).
- National Qualification Framework of Azerbaijan has been approved by the Prime Minister on 18 July 2018
- Comparison of Qualifications for Trusted Recognition
- Development of the Latvian Qualifications Framework
- Digital Data for Enhancing Mobility in Higher Education
- Validation of non-formal learning outcomes in the context of the Latvian qualifications framework
- The Classification of the Latvian Education includes Latvian qualifications framework levels
- The use of Europass and EQF in higher education quality assessment
- Education, Training and Employment Survey
- Study on development of LQF
- Launching of Latvian Qualifications database
- Vocational education documents will indicate the level of LQF
- The Education Law sets legal framework for the Latvian Qualifications Framework
- The latest amendments to the Vocational Education Law on the LQF levels
- Study report: International Qualifications in Latvia
- Conference: Opening up the NQF for International Qualifications
- The new state standard of the second level professional higher education indicate the relevant EQF levels
- Learning outcomes corresponding to EQF levels in the new state standard of the academic education
- EQF level in the Diploma Supplement
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the EQF Recommendation
- New portal - ESCO
- New portal - Open Education Europa
- International conference