Study Report - The Role of the Latvian Qualifications Framework in Education and Labour Market
In 2020, Academic Information Centre conducted an extensive study to identify the role of Latvian Qualifications Framework (LQF) in education and labour market of Latvia, as well as to determine, whether or not and to what extent the LQF is recognised among education professionals, employers and general public.
To gather in depth information on the subject, various data collection methods were used. Analysis of literature and laws and regulations was carried out, survey for specific target groups was conducted among 1238 respondents and four in-depth interviews were arranged.
The results of the study show that awareness of the LQF varies depending on the target group. The best-informed target group were people working in education field, especially directors of study programmes in higher education, while less informed were representatives of general public and labour market. Thus, the opinion on the impact of LQF is different in each target group, but in general, it was concluded that the greatest influence of the LQF was observed in the recognition of foreign diplomas and qualifications, as well as in the development of curriculum and occupational standards.
Full report can be found here !
- Study Report - The Role of the Latvian Qualifications Framework in Education and Labour Market
- Latvian NCP has prepared informative video presentations
- Video about LQF and EQF
- Visibility and use of Latvian Qualifications Database
- Development of the Latvian Qualifications Database in Context of the LQF
- Europass and LQF: Further Steps
- Impact of National Qualifications Frameworks on Education Development
- Training Seminar "Learning Outcomes in Higher Education Institutions"
- National Qualification Framework of Azerbaijan has been approved by the Prime Minister on 18 July 2018
- Comparison of Qualifications for Trusted Recognition
- Development of the Latvian Qualifications Framework
- Digital Data for Enhancing Mobility in Higher Education
- Validation of non-formal learning outcomes in the context of the Latvian qualifications framework
- The Classification of the Latvian Education includes Latvian qualifications framework levels
- The use of Europass and EQF in higher education quality assessment
- Education, Training and Employment Survey
- Study on development of LQF
- Launching of Latvian Qualifications database
- Vocational education documents will indicate the level of LQF
- The Education Law sets legal framework for the Latvian Qualifications Framework
- The latest amendments to the Vocational Education Law on the LQF levels
- Study report: International Qualifications in Latvia
- Conference: Opening up the NQF for International Qualifications
- The new state standard of the second level professional higher education indicate the relevant EQF levels
- Learning outcomes corresponding to EQF levels in the new state standard of the academic education
- EQF level in the Diploma Supplement
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the EQF Recommendation
- New portal - ESCO
- New portal - Open Education Europa
- International conference