Impact of National Qualifications Frameworks on Education Development
On April 30, 2019, the Academic Information Centre (AIC) organized an international conference “Impact of National Qualifications Frameworks on Education Development”.
The aim of the conference was to look back at the development of the Latvian Qualifications Framework and the most significant changes in education since 2010, as well as to stimulate discussion on the impact of national qualifications frameworks on education development at national and international level.
• Does NQFs influence education development and how? In which aspects impact of NQFs may be seen more, in which – less?
• Which aspects should be more emphasized in order to fully use the potential of NQFs?
• Which of the stakeholders’ role should be increased in the development of NQFs?
Participants of the conference had the opportunity to get acquainted with the updated Self-Assessment Report “Referencing the Latvian Qualifications Framework to the European Qualifications Framework for Lifelong Learning and the Qualifications Framework for European Higher Education Area”, which was reviewed by international experts. The Report will be presented to the European Commission.
The conference was held at hotel “Mercure Riga Centre”, Elizabetes Street 101, Riga.
Baiba Ramiņa, Director of Academic Information Centre
Külli All, Ministry of Education and Research of the Republic of Estonia, Deputy Head of Adult Education Department (Estonia)
Mile Dželalija, University of Split, Professor (Croatia)
Horacy Dębowski, Vice-Director of Central Examination Board (Poland)
Tatjana Koķe, Vice-Rector for Studies of Riga Stradiņš University
- Impact of National Qualifications Frameworks on Education Development
- Training Seminar "Learning Outcomes in Higher Education Institutions"
- National Qualification Framework of Azerbaijan has been approved by the Prime Minister on 18 July 2018
- Comparison of Qualifications for Trusted Recognition
- Development of the Latvian Qualifications Framework
- Digital Data for Enhancing Mobility in Higher Education
- Validation of non-formal learning outcomes in the context of the Latvian qualifications framework
- The Classification of the Latvian Education includes Latvian qualifications framework levels
- The use of Europass and EQF in higher education quality assessment
- Education, Training and Employment Survey
- Study on development of LQF
- Launching of Latvian Qualifications database
- Vocational education documents will indicate the level of LQF
- The Education Law sets legal framework for the Latvian Qualifications Framework
- The latest amendments to the Vocational Education Law on the LQF levels
- Study report: International Qualifications in Latvia
- Conference: Opening up the NQF for International Qualifications
- The new state standard of the second level professional higher education indicate the relevant EQF levels
- Learning outcomes corresponding to EQF levels in the new state standard of the academic education
- EQF level in the Diploma Supplement
- Evaluation of the Implementation of the EQF Recommendation
- New portal - ESCO
- New portal - Open Education Europa
- International conference